Embracing the Full Household of God is an all-day event designed to help participants reach out in love to immigrants and refugees in their communities. Learn real-life examples of what people who come into this country experience. Explore what scripture says about offering welcome and how the Church has done so throughout history. Understand the unique needs of immigrants and refugees in our communities and hear from others who have successfully developed meaningful relationships and effective programs. The event is free, but registration is required. Lunch is included. Please plan to arrive by 8:45am. Speakers include:
- Teresa Waggener, Immigration Attorney for the Office of Immigration Issues of the Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Sandy Milien, Missioner for Community Engagement for the Episcopal Diocese of Bethlehem
- The Rev. Dr. Deborah Appler, Professor of Old Testament/Hebrew Bible and Director of MATS Program at Moravian Seminary
- The Rev. Dr. Craig Atwood, Charles D. Couch Chair of Moravian Theology and Director of Center For Moravian Studies at Moravian Seminary
- The Rev. Maria Tjeltveit, Rector of the Episcopal Church of the Mediator in Allentown, site of the Refugee Community Center
A freewill offering will be taken during lunch to support local community organizations that offer aid to immigrants and refugees. Representatives from community organizations will be available during lunch to discuss their mission and how you and your church can help immigrants and refugees.