The Diocese of Bethlehem’s Diocesan Convention 2023 was held October 13 & 14 in Center Valley, PA.
The following Resolutions were approved by the Diocesan Convention:
- 2024 Clergy Salary Schedule
- Budget of the Diocese of Bethlehem
- Closing of Holy Cross Episcopal Church (Wilkes-Barre)
- Amendment to the Constitution of the Diocese of Bethlehem (second reading)
- Resolution Seeking Continued Study of a Potential Reunification of the Diocese of Central Pennsylvania and the Diocese of Bethlehem
To read the full text of the Resolutions, please click here.
The results for elections to diocesan bodies by the Diocesan Convention were:
The Standing Committee – for a four-year term
- The Rev. Dr. Pamela Payne (clergy order)
- Roger Mattes, Jr. (lay order)
The Diocesan Council – for a three-year term
- The Rev. Michael Angel Molina (clergy order)
- The Rev. Andrew VanBuren (clergy order)
- Melissa Amator (lay order)
- James Pasquale (lay order)
The Commission on Ministry – for a three-year term
- The Rev. Mary Lou Divis (clergy order)
- Paul Barnwell (lay order)
Reports from Diocesan Convention 2023
- Report from the Reunification Discernment Committee: click here.
- Video from the Reunification Discernment Committee: click here.
- Bishops Remarks (video) about Reunification Discernment: click here.
- Diocesan Finances for 2022: click here.
- 2024 Diocesan Budget Overview: click here.
Videos from the 2023 Diocesan Convention
To view more videos from the 2023 Diocesan Convention: click here.