The Diocese of Bethlehem’s Diocesan Convention 2023 was held October 13 & 14 in Center Valley, PA.
The following Resolutions were approved by the Diocesan Convention:
- 2024 Clergy Salary Schedule
- Budget of the Diocese of Bethlehem
- Closing of Holy Cross Episcopal Church (Wilkes-Barre)
- Amendment to the Constitution of the Diocese of Bethlehem (second reading)
- Resolution Seeking Continued Study of a Potential Reunification of the Diocese of Central Pennsylvania and the Diocese of Bethlehem
To read the full text of the Resolutions, please click here.
The results for elections to diocesan bodies by the Diocesan Convention were:
The Standing Committee – for a four-year term
- The Rev. Dr. Pamela Payne (clergy order)
- Roger Mattes, Jr. (lay order)
The Diocesan Council – for a three-year term
- The Rev. Michael Angel Molina (clergy order)
- The Rev. Andrew VanBuren (clergy order)
- Melissa Amator (lay order)
- James Pasquale (lay order)
The Commission on Ministry – for a three-year term
- The Rev. Mary Lou Divis (clergy order)
- Paul Barnwell (lay order)
Reports from Diocesan Convention 2023
To view the Reunification Discernment Committee Report: click here.
To view the Reunification Discernment Committee Report 2023 Video Summary: click here.
To view Bishop Kevin Nichols (Diocese of Bethlehem) and Bishop Audrey Scanlan (Diocese of Central Pennsylvania) discuss Reunification Discernment efforts: click here.
To view Diocesan Treasurer’s Report of 2022 Finances: click here.
To view the 2024 Budget Overview: click here.