Bishop Kevin, working with the Standing Committee and Diocesan Council, recently shared the Diocese of Bethlehem members that will join the Reunification Discernment Committee as set out in the 2022 Diocesan Convention Resolution #5.
- The. Rev. Rodney Conn – Cathedral Church of the Nativity (Bethlehem)
- The Rev. Dr. Sidnie Crawford – Christ Church (Stroudsburg)
- The Rev. Doug Moyer – Retired Priest and President of the Standing Committee
- Ginnie Schoonover – Christ Church (Towanda)
- Ty Welles, Esq. – St. Peter’s (Tunkhannock)
From diocesan committee service to ministry with the homeless to biblical scholarship to parish ministry in a variety of contexts to legal expertise, the Diocese of Bethlehem Discernment Committee members span a multitude of relevant skills and experiences. “I am so thrilled that these five leaders will be representing our diocese in the exploration of reunification with the Diocese of Central Pennsylvania” Bishop Kevin commented in sharing the news.
The work of the Discernment Committee is shared equally with the leaders from the Diocese of Central Pennsylvania. The first step of their work is an upcoming retreat beginning January 26, 2023.